[Qgis-community-team] en_ZA Localization

Craig Leat craig.leat at gmail.com
Thu May 28 05:04:29 EDT 2009

Craig Leat wrote:
> I am working on an en_ZA localization and I have two questions I hope
> someone can help me with:
>
> 1. I have released my translation as a qgis_en_ZA.qm file and placed
> this in the appropriate directory, but qgis does not detect it. My
> localization is not listed in Edit -> Options -> Locale -> Override
> system locale and starting the app with --lang en_ZA doesn't work
> either. Do I need to compile the source to register the new locale?
> 2. I need to specify the decimal separator as a dot instead of a
> comma. I haven't yet found a place to do this. Can someone please
> suggest a hint?

I have updated to r10854 and now the localisation works as expected.
It's also nice to see the dialogues appearing in Qt Linguist. Many
thanks to the responsible dev.

I notice that the decimal separator localisation is only implemented
in part. E.g the map window status bar and the attribute table use a
dot, but the Edit -> Options and Layer Properties dialogues use a
comma.

Craig