[Qgis-community-team] QGIS 1.1 brochure : improvement propositions

Jeremy G jeremy.grx at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 08:25:21 EDT 2009

> Anita Graser manages the press material, maybe you can coordinate it with

 her? It would be a good idea adding the information that QGIS is a
> graduated
> OSGeo project - I think.

 That's fine, I will add a line like this in the french brochure : "QGIS is
a gratuated OSGeo Project. To learn more about the OSGeo, visit
http://osgeo.org" (fr : "QGIS est un projet de l'OSGeo. Pour en savoir plus
sur l'OSGeo, visitez osgeo.org")

About a users list :

whatever "famous user" means.

Good point : I suspect that using such a term is not a good idea, as it's
gonna be hard to determine what / who is a "famous" user...
Instead of it, i propose the usage of "reference user". A reference user
could be any collective entity using QGIS in a professional context
(professional doesn't mean lucrative : a volunteer's association using QGIS
on a daily basis could perfectly fit in this category AMHO).

What do you think about it ?

ok then tell me where i can enter the address of my company and myself as a
> user ;)

The (draft of a) Reference User's List is now located here :
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Reference_Users_List

Regards,

Jeremy