[Qgis-community-team] compiling manual & image quality

Yves Jacolin (free) yjacolin at free.fr
Sat Sep 5 09:47:39 EDT 2009

Le lundi 24 août 2009, Werner Macho a écrit :
> Hmmm
>
> Well - you can use french version as a "sandbox" and try to change the
> build from latex to pdflatex - but i guess it will be hard to port it to
> trunk afterwards .. But at least we would know that it works ..
>
> regards
> Werner
>
> > Le Monday 24 August 2009 11:14:20 Werner Macho, vous avez écrit :
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I'm with Carson .. It would not make any sense changing the wohle manual
> >> procedure now ..
> >> But for the next release it's a good idea to change to a "better" way of
> >> compiling (at least the manual will be released in a better pdf quality)
> >>
> >> regards
> >> Werner
> >
> > Please, note that we are talking about the *french* traduction of the
> > user guide, not about the trunk release ;) The french release is in
> > docs/branches/1.0.0/french/user_guide of svn ;)
> >
> > May be that's not change anything?! Am I wrong if I say there is no
> > problem to change the french user guide build process? and *then* see
> > what we can do for the trunk release after 1.2.0 release.
> >
> > The french release won't be release before ... hum, end of september as
> > we are still in the traduction process, well almost in the final proof
> > reading process :)
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Y.

Hello,

I tried pdflatex to create PDF file for the french user guide, see [1].

Changed made are :
1. remove "cp *.eps ./finalpix/" and "convert [...]" command in all Makefile
2. add ebb *.png in main Makefile (ebb create bounding box for png and jpg
files)
3. I added .png in some filename but I don't think it is useful

I will commit soon all my files,

Regards,

Y.
[1] http://softlibre.free.fr/user_guide.pdf (6.6Mo), you can zoom to 150% with
nice scrreenshots!
--
Yves Jacolin

"Give freedom to people is not enough, we also have to give them the power
to use this freedom, to act". M Gauchet