[Qgis-community-team] Manual team updates

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 18:38:44 EDT 2009

Hi Manual Team,

Now that we are releasing QGIS 1.3, I think it's about time we all
checked in so we can find out where we are all at in our chapter
preparations. If you could please let the list know if you are done your
sections, that would be great.

A reminder that this release includes several new features/items,
including (among other things):

# Marker size is now configurable when editing a layer.
# Incorporation of the analysis library into the mainstream release.
# Identify features across multiple layers.
# Added a new plugin for carrying out raster terrain analysis (computing
slope aspect, steepness etc).
# A reshape tool to apply to line/polygon geometries. The part of a
geometry between the first and last intersection of the reshape line
will be replaced.
# Added snapping to current layer in measure dialog.
# Added ability to select the primary key for views.
# Zoom to a coordinate by entering it in the status bar coordinate display.
# Added ability to rotate point symbols
# and more...
#

Once we have an idea of where everyone is, we can start to think about
finishing things up and branching for translators etc.

Cheers,

Carson

--
Carson J. Q. Farmer