[Qgis-community-team] pdflatex

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 06:28:25 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 11:12 +0100, bogus at bogzab.plus.com wrote:
> Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com wrote
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have trouble getting pdflatex to work on Debian testing. I upgraded to
> > texlive2009 via synaptic, but when calling pdflatex I get this error:
> >
> > ! LaTeX Error: File `biblatex.sty' not found.
> >
> > I can reproduce it adding \usepackage{biblatex} to a new document
> > created from template.
> > Any idea how to fix it? The file is actually missing from filesystem.
> >
> > galadriel:~# locate biblatex
> > /usr/share/kde4/apps/kile/biblatexentries.rc
> > /usr/share/kde4/apps/kile/complete/tex/biblatex-dev.cwl
> > /usr/share/kde4/apps/kile/complete/tex/biblatex.cwl
> > /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/tex4ht/biblatex.4ht
> >
> > thanks for any hint :)
> > Anne
>
> I had similar errors when I first tried to compile the user guide. I found
> that I had to not only install TexLive2009 but *remove* my previous tex
> package (tetex which came with my distro). I think that all the sty files
> required are in the TexLive2009 package but cannot all be found unless
> TexLive2009 is installed "clean".

Thanks for the answer :)
Actually I used synaptic after long time using aptitude safe-upgrade,
that kept back a lot of packages including texlive. I upgraded texlive
package (and its deps) via synaptic. It broke some of the packages and
required a manual fix. Bibtex package, that depends on
texlive-latex-extra, was not installed. Werner and Norman Vine pointed
me to the right direction, and installing biblatex solved the issue.

Hope these reports will help other users!
Anne