[Qgis-community-team] Re: Qgis-community-team Digest, Vol 27, Issue 12

Bogus Zaba bogus at bogzab.plus.com
Sun Jun 13 13:27:46 EDT 2010

Otto Dassau <otto.dassau at gmx.de> wrote:

> Second try checkout qgis manual (Otto Dassau)
> Hi Bogus, David, Martijn and Ves,
>
> can you pls try to checkout and commit changes to the qgis docs trunk again.
> It should now work with your OSGEO ids.
>
> trunk is here:
> https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/docs/trunk/english_us/
>
> thanks
>  Otto

Otto & others :

I tried again, but unlike for Ves it did not work for me. A did a clean (no existing svn directories) checkout with the command:

svn co --username=bogzab https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/docs/trunk/english_us

and this commands works fine - I get the whole tree reproduced on my PC with .SVN directories etc.

However when I make a small change (verified that svn sees this as a change with an "svn status" command) and then try and commit with the following command:

svn ci -m 'very minor change to plugins.tex'
I get two lines which go:
"Authentication realm: <https://svn.osgeo.org:443> OSGeo Login
Password for 'bogzab': "

I then enter my password (the one that works to allow me to login to the OSGeo site to edit the wiki etc) but this is not accepted. I am then asked two more times for both username and password, after which svn tells me that I have failed to authenticate.

I guess I must be doing something different from Ves, because he has reported commit to be working if I understand correctly from his post (just had the word "works" :) ).

Bogus