[Qgis-community-team] Blueprint for Open Source Web Mapping using QGIS

MICHELLE ELIZABETH BALLINGER meb355 at psu.edu
Sun Jun 27 23:27:38 EDT 2010

 Thank you David for the feedback. I have made some adjustments based on your
suggestions. I have enjoyed working on my capstone project. I hope my work will
help others learn about the software programs and how the programs can work
together to create a final product. I hope that each software community is
willing to link to my capstone project to add to the existing documentation.

If anyone else has feedback, please contact me. My capstone project can be
found at
<http://mballingercapstone.web.officelive.com/default.aspx>

Thank you,
Michelle Ballinger

Hi Michelle,

I just took a look at this. First of all it's great that you are doing
this. I'm fairly new to the QGIS community and noticed that there is a
definite shortage of this type of material online.

A few ideas:

perhaps a little bit more separation between 'background' and 'step by
step example'

explain the concept of a shapefile? this is not something people
intuitively get and a little graphic might help

I think it would help to ask a question. E.g. 'How can I calculate the
length of minor roads?'

It might also be nice to have a pdf that people can print out.

Hope this helps. I already found your site useful as I learned about
uDig. Good luck!
David

David Quinn
PhD Student