[Qgis-community-team] publishing manual

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Mon Apr 18 01:13:03 EDT 2011

Hi,

thanks a lot Jean Roc for your work and for taking care of it.

- Should we try to add the current 1.6 manual to Lulu as well, or does that
  make no sense? And what other literature would make sense? The gentle
  introduction?
- How much does a printed version finally cost? I assume it depends on the
  number of pages. And how much do we want to earn for the project with it?
  Some days before I discussed with Pirmin and we were thinking about
  something like 20 Euro for the project per book. We had a look at BoD.de
  and there a printed version with ISBN would be about 16 Euro + project
  margin = 38 - 45 Euro. Does that make sense?
- I tried to find the qgis manual you already printed - right?, but couldn't
  find it. Can you send me a link?
- On other PoD platforms I found that figures need to have a resolution of
  about 300dpi at least. What is your experience? Do we have to update /
  improve the figures?
- How much costs a ISBN? I assume with ISBN we would be available via all
  online bookshops and without only via Lulu and the link on our website?
- Are there any other specific or monthly costs we have with Lulu?
- On the BoD platform we would have to sign a contract for each new title
  for 5 years. Is there something similar for lulu?

Regards, Otto