[Qgis-community-team] home page - cut the junk

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Mon Jun 13 11:54:58 EDT 2011

Hi,

Would it possible to delete some items of the top menu to save some
screen space ?

We currently have 10 items, the last 2 are not aligned due to the search
box :

Wiki;Mailing Lists;Forum;Blog;IRC;Planet;Bugs;Statistics;Shop;Download

One thing could be to merge all the community themed items and simply
refer to http://qgis.org/en/community.html

Another thing would be to get rid of Statistics.

This would give a shorter and simpler
-> Wiki,Community;Bugs,Shop;Download

Still about joomla, it seems I can't edit the "newsfeed" category or
even display these records on joomla!fish. I'm suggesting here also to
save some space by not displaying them as they're hard to read on the
banner, break outside their box when too long. By doing so the banner
could save 40% vertical space.

Less is cleaner :)

Regards,
Jean Roc