[Qgis-community-team] QGIS @ disvovery channel/national geographic

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 07:51:58 EDT 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XdPPtDg0BA&feature=related

starting from min. 12:59

asked about QGIS the researcher answered:

"...
Yes I was using QGIS on the program, I find it to be a great
alternative (especially when paired with the power of GRASS).  I do,
however, mostly use ArcGIS, as it is the industry standard.  I think
it is important to be able to use many different GIS software
platforms, as they all have different strengths, and availability is
always changing with the job.  QGIS is also great for having on a
personal computer, so you have the ability to view files created in
other programs that you might not have a license for outside of work..."

cheers

-- Giovanni --