[Qgis-community-team] I'd Like to Write a "How-To"

Anne Canoune a.canoune at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 08:53:33 EST 2012

Hi Guys,

I was looking through the How-To guides and saw there was one for
connecting to a Bluetooth GPS in Windows XP but the guide said it can’t be
done in Windows 7. Not so! We are currently using QGIS 1.7.3 on a Windows 7
tablet with both a Garmin 18x and Trimble Bluetooth GPS to collect field
data. All you need is a free piece of software called Franson GPSGate. If I
do a write-up of how to download, install, and configure it for QGIS can I
post it on the wiki?

Regards,

Anne