[Qgis-community-team] buttons and popup texts

Diethard Jansen diethard.jansen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 01:31:00 PDT 2012

Hello all,

In order to make the documentation more explicit I would like to change the
appearance of button items

 * from
   * press this button :guilabel:`Press me` and something happens!
   * press this button **[Press me]** and something happens!

I also would like to change the appearance of the popup texts that are
presented with toolbar items:

 * from
   * select toolbar item |mActionAddNonDbLayer| :guilabel:`Add Vector
Layer` and a menu appears!
   * select toolbar item |mActionAddNonDbLayer| :sup:`Add Vector Layer` and
a menu appears!

When approved I will change the readme.rst, conventions.rst and will
personally take care this new 'late' convention is properly applied by
reviewing all documents on buttons and tool buttons with popup messages and
where neccesary changing this before release of 1.7.4/1.8.0.

See the result in working_with_vector.rst where I have applied proposed new
styles.

Regards,
Diethard