[Qgis-community-team] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Request Articles for 2012 Annual Report

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sat Nov 17 03:28:25 PST 2012

Here is what I have so far. Please let me know if I forgot something important:

Key Accomplishments (Include Information on Software Releases Here)
- Release of QGIS 1.8.0 "Lisboa" June 21st, 2012
- 3 projects in Google Summer of Code: Symbology Usability Improvments
for QGIS, Orfeo Toolbox backend for the Sextante framework in QGIS,
QGIS for Mobile Devices
- Test framework
- Integration of Sextante
- First gold sponsor: Asia Air Survey

Events
Developer Meetings
The QGIS project aims to hold regular developer meetings, aka
'hackfests' and 'bughuntings'. The purpose of these meetings is to get
together people committed to improving the Quantum GIS project
including developers, documenters, bug reporters as well as users.
- Essen 10/2012 (http://www.qgis.org/en/developer-meetings/essen-102012.html)
- Lyon 04/2012
User Meetings
- Bern 06/2012 (http://www.qgis.org/en/user-meetings/bern2012.html)
- Kassel 09/2012 (http://www.qgis.org/en/user-meetings/kassel-092012.html)
- Lisboa 10/2012 (http://www.qgis.org/en/user-meetings/lisboa102012.html)

Areas for Improvement
- User interface consolidation and improvements
- API cleanup for 2.0 release

Opportunities to Help
The Quantum GIS project welcomes developers, UI designers, software
testers, users who provide help, support, translations, etc. as well
as everyone else who wants to participate. Join the mailing lists or
visit our events.

Outlook for Next Year
- Release of 2.0
- Participation in Google Summer of Code
- Developer and user meetings