[Qgis-community-team] website structure

Jeffrey Johnson jjohnson at opengeo.org
Wed Aug 28 15:14:26 PDT 2013

Hi folks,

Eva has prepared a much simpler version for discussion and comparison. My
own inclination is to prefer the initial version of the home/splash page.

http://dev.opengeo.org/~jjohnson/qgis_simpler.zip

Fwiw, Tim, Im also in favor of a rotating set of images in the 'hero' area
(above the fold if you will). Using the set from flickr seems ideal. Would
be nice to somehow link them to some info about what is displayed without
having to leave the site.

We have someone lined up to work on the html+css implementation of whatever
is settled upon. I can port this into the template that sphinx is using
http://ryan-roemer.github.io/sphinx-bootstrap-theme/README.html#extending-layout-html

Jeff