[Qgis-community-team] Problem with japanese doc translation

NUIMURA, Takayuki nuimura at nagoya-u.jp
Mon Feb 4 17:42:59 PST 2013

Dear Otto

I have heard about the compilation error of Japanese locale by Yoichi.

In Japanese LaTeX community, it is known that, pdftex (pdflatex) cause
error for compilation with Japanese font.
Hence, we Japanese use platex + dvipdfmx command as alternative of pdftex.

And platex command cannot read png image format. A bounding box file
(*.bb) must be generate before compilation.

Although usage of if function for ja locale might not smart way, I
suggest following modification of post_translate.sh:

    if [[ $1 = "ja" ]]; then
        # Japanese cannot build using pdflatex
         find -name "*.png" -exec ebb {} \;
         platex QGISUserGuide.tex
         platex QGISUserGuide.tex
         dvipdfmx QGISUserGuide.dvi
    else
        # need to build 3x to have proper toc and index
        texi2pdf --quiet QGISUserGuide.tex
        texi2pdf --quiet QGISUserGuide.tex
        texi2pdf --quiet QGISUserGuide.tex
    fi

I attached the modified script.

While compilation using the modified script, 2 or 3 times inputenc error
are shown. But compilation will be done successfully after typing Enter key.

--
Takayuki NUIMURA
Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Nagoya University

E-mail: nuimura at nagoya-u.jp
Skype: t_nuimura