[Qgis-community-team] Updates for manual 1.8 finished

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Wed Jan 2 05:38:13 PST 2013

Hi,

finally we finished the manual updates for 1.8 and after some polishing
(e.g. making pdf available again, etc) I would like to proceed with updates
for 1.9/2.0 in the master document. How should we proceed here, also with
the web docs?

For the translations I guess we create a release_1.8 branch and a
release_1.8 tag as for the software and translators then work on the release
branch forked by the translation maintainers?

And for the web? We now have

http://documentation.qgis.org/html/en/docs/user_manual/index.html

Maybe we need to add folder with a version number? Such as:

http://documentation.qgis.org/html/en/docs/user_manual/1.8/index.html

What do you think?