[Qgis-community-team] About QGis

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Jul 10 02:18:38 PDT 2013

Hi Sugandha

First let me point out that this list if for managing the community
resources (web site, documentation etc.). Your question will be better
answered if you direct it to the user or developers lists. See
http://qgis.org/en/community/mailing-lists.html for details.

To use the QGIS API, simply installl QGIS from the standalone installer
(available at http://download.qgis.org). You can find some hints on getting
started setting up a developer environment for python here:

http://inasafe.org/developer-docs/platform_windows.html#command-line-environment-setup

If you are using C++, all the headers should be provided with the installer
so you simply link to the QGIS libraries provided.

There are a number of tutorials on the web on getting started with the api
- here might be a nice place to start:

http://www.qgis.org/pyqgis-cookbook/intro.html

If you have any further queries, please direct them to an appropriate list
as mentioned above.

Thanks

Tim

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 8:10 AM, <agadisugandha at bel.co.in> wrote:

> Hi All,
>               How to get QGIS API/build API for windows or linux. First I
> want to try with windows. So please guide me. Im new to
> qgis, I may be asking a very basic question, please guide
> me.
>

> Regards,
> Sugandha

 * QGIS programming services