[Qgis-community-team] Manuals and help

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 00:51:39 PDT 2013

Samuel

Thanks for you contribution. However, those docs are generated
directly from the source code and do not have much information. Of
course, they can be extended, but that means that the source code has
to be modified in SAGA....which makes it impossible for people who do
not know C++ to contirbute to the code, plus it would be the SAGA
people who would handle contributions. Considering that they are not
very active even in their own community and that they do not use
github but a svn repo (that is, no pull request that are made
easily...but patches...), I see that as a huge barrier.

I prefer to have something external, RST-based, easy for everyone to
modify, and focused on how those algorithms should be used from
SEXTANTE. Let's be a little selfish on that. If we eventually have
good docs, I am sure the SAGA people will find the way of reusing our
docs and incorporate them in their structure. Then we can start
thinking about just taking them from upstream and coordinate with
them. Until that happens, let's keep things on our side to make it
easier.

Thanks everyone for you help- I plan to write some instructions about
how to collaborate and maybe a list of algorithms that are more
priority than others

I will keep you posted

Thanks
Victor