[Qgis-community-team] Wish to translate the Q-GIS document to HINDI

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sun May 5 13:19:21 PDT 2013

On 05-05-13 20:06, SEONG-KYU LEE wrote:
> Hi Richards,
> My name is Seongkyu Lee and I translate QGIS manual into Korean.
> Since I began translation, I have translated via Transfiex.com website,
> but I have some question about translation work.
> 1. Do I translate into Korean using Linguist?
> 2. How to update the translation files in QGIS account on Github?
> 3. How to add the html and pdf version to http://docs.qigs.org/ ?

Hi Seongkyu Lee,

too be honest, I think we still are not able to incorporate the
transifex translation into our tool chain well enough.

There has been some testing, but transifex should not be used yet to
translate the QGIS docs.

At this moment the best way to work is to:

- fork the github via the github website
- clone your own fork on you local disk
- (preferably run scripts/pre_translate.sh ko_KR)
- use Linguist (or another tool) to translate the po-files
- (preferably run scripts/post_translate.sh ko_KR, to check and build docs)
- push the translated po file back to your own github fork
- via a pull request, ask us to pull your translations into the QGIS repo

(as an alternative (or for some testing) sent us one or more translated
po file)

If you are really determined to translate a bigger part of the docs, we
can make it available via docs.qgis.org. But because the building of the
docs is eating a lot of resources we sort of minimize the number of
translations to build, unless there is some real translation action
going on.

Most info is here:

http://docs.qgis.org/2.0/html/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/do_translations.html

and here