[Qgis-community-team] Transifex and old translations

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 02:12:39 PST 2013

Hi all,

I just found very annoying issue that (I suspect) caused by Transifex.
After downloading .po files from Transifex (no matter via web interface or
using tx client) all old translations are empty.

So if I translated some text and then later original text and .po file will
updated, my previous translation doesn't keep. E.g. initially we have text

"When starting QGIS for the first time not all core plugins are loaded."

and I translated it and pushed this translation to Transifex. After this text
updated to

"When starting |qg| for the first time not all core plugins are loaded."

and all translations also updated. When I download updated file I can
see previous version of this string but with empty translation. And as result
I should translate this string again from scratch.

Is it me or this issue really exists? If this is not my fault, than I
think this is
a big issue and we should try to find solution or allow translators to use
other workflows that preserve old strings.

--
Alexander Bruy