[Qgis-community-team] cleanup and disclaimer

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sat Oct 5 12:48:09 PDT 2013

Hi Otto,

I've been doing some cleanups in the QGIS-Documentation trees. In both
master and 1.8 I removed all 'website' and 'docs/governance' resources,
sources and po files.

If all went well, you will not notice this :-)

One thing about the disclaimer we use:

Currently we comment out the disclaimer as soon as we have a release
branch of documentation.
I think it will be wiser to just remove it via the css style in the
webpage. then we can leave the message as it is, but just make it
invisible: one line of css code instead of going over all rst files to
comment them out.

Besides this, we can maybe put the disclaimer back in 1.8 docs, to tell
people: "This documentation the old release QGIS 1.8!" or so.

My next todo's now:
- copy .po files from 1.8 branch into master and source transifex
- revive the pdf builds in both 1.8 and master
- integrate trainings manual into website

About transifex: in my view/opinion there will only be ONE documentation
translation at a time.
As soon as we release-2.0 docs, we will NOT translate master or 1.8
anymore. Is this correct?

Regards,

Richard