[Qgis-community-team] sphinx and index translations duplicated?

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Wed Oct 9 04:36:18 PDT 2013

On 09-10-13 11:00, Alexandre Neto wrote:
> Hello Richard,
>
> Browsing the QGIS Documentation in transifex, I have noticed that
> index.po and sphinx.po are "duplicated" on QGIS Documentation and QGIS
> Website.
>
> Are they the exact same? Do we have to translate them in both projects?

in short: nope, only in QGIS-Website. And for QGIS-Documentation, only
the few strings that are visisble on frontpage.

Sphinx (the program) creates a sphinx.po from ALL files that are not
rst-source files: so these contain strings from html files, templates etc.

For QGIS-Website, this is ok. As the website shows ALL text and pages.

But for QGIS-Documentation we use the same 'templates', BUT we hide most
of the pages and menu items. So for the QGIS-Documentation, only
translate the strings that you see on the frontpage of:
http://docs.qgis.org/2.0/

Regards,

Richard