[Qgis-community-team] Translation of language names

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Wed Oct 9 04:58:16 PDT 2013

On 09-10-13 13:50, Anita Graser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I find the behavior of the dropdown list of available languages on
> qgis.org a bit odd. The language names are always translated into the
> language which is currently selected. If I change to the German
> website, all language options are translated as well. Shouldn't the
> available languages always be displayed in their native name (or
> combination of English and native) instead?

Hi Anita,

yes. You are very right! That is the way it should be (and the same as
projects as wikipedia etc do it).

BUT (do I always have to have one :-( ):

If we use utf-8 characters in the dropdown, we have a gettext problem.
While easy fixable, I decided to wait for the landing of this fix in
sphinx itself.

When fixed in sphinx, we can do it 'right'.

For more info, see: https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/issues/31

Regards,

Richard