[Qgis-community-team] [Qgis-user] Saving layers

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Oct 17 11:14:39 PDT 2013

On 17-10-13 18:47, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> You can save a project, and use it as a template. And if I recall
> correct there was some way to use one project as a subprobject for
> another one, but I cannot find it anymore...

Hi Jonathan,

I found what I think you need :-)

You can save your data+style+extent as a project.
Then IN another project via
Layer/Embed Layers and Groups you can select another project, on which
QGIS will offer you a dialog in which you can select layers from that
other project.

A little different, but I think more in line with your wishes?

Regards,

Richard