[Qgis-community-team] Homogenizing filenames in documentation repo

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Oct 21 07:38:29 PDT 2013

On 20-10-13 11:39, Alexander Bruy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> almost all our docs doesn't have chapter numbers in their filenames.
> I just submitted pull-request [0] where renamed all remaining files to
> be consistent with other documentation.
>
> Can anyone review and merge it, or if it looks good, I can merge it by
> myself
>
> [0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/164

Hi Alexander,

I just merged your request.

ONE thing we have to be carefull with though, is dat the
transifex-'resources' as they call the files via the file .tx/config are
attached to current translations in transifex.

I see several languages already translated parts of the 'gentle intro'...

So after running the script
script/create_transifex_resources.sh
we will end up with a copy(! with number) in transifex of every file
without a number in it's filename.
As I understand correct now, transifex will not remove the old 'resource'.
So BEFORE removing those old resources from transifex, the
translator-coordinators should do this 'download translations from
number-xxxx-file'-'upload translations from xxxxx-file'.

OR at least I should do that before removing the old resources :-)
I put it on my todo list.

Regards,

Richard