[Qgis-community-team] QGIS Arabic status

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Sun Sep 8 12:58:37 PDT 2013

Am Sun, 08 Sep 2013 21:22:40 +0200
schrieb Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net>:

> On 08-09-13 17:52, Otto Dassau wrote:
>
> > https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/docs/documentation_guidelines/do_translations.rst
> >
> > In general, if it is about the manual, we should take care, that manuals
> > are only translated in "translation" branches created for each qgis
> > version, after the english master branch is updated and tagged and
> > includes all new features of that version.
> >
> > At the moment this is still manual_en_v1.8.
>
> Hi Otto,
>
> as we are busy with the website, and testing some different translation
> options, I was wondering something.
>
> So you say: if all went correct nobody is translating the master docs.
>
> So when normally do you pull over the .po files from the 1.8 branch to
> master?
> And as files and filenames can have changed, is this to be done/checked
> by hand?
>
> Richard

Hi Richard,

it would be possible to pull the translations to master again, if:

a) translation of a language is done within the translation branch
b) update of master for a version is ready, so before a new translation can
   start

at the moment I prefered b), so it would all be don together.

And you are right. If filenames/files have changed, it will be necessary to
pull over the .po files manually. I don't see a better solution at the
moment.