[Qgis-community-team] second manual update round

Diethard Jansen diethard.jansen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 22:21:41 PDT 2013

Regarding units for images:

I agree that the unit "em" should only be used for icons used in text. The
images should use pixels, I do believe in that case you do not have to add
a unit (px is the default).
During the latex to ReST conversion I sized the images with rather a lot of
effort using the "em" unit. We used the default sphinx theme at that time
and I just found out that it uses a font size of 16. I believe that when we
multiply most of the current images where the unit "em" is used with
sixteen the result should be great.
Maybe we should first try it with a plugin chapter (like the Evis plugin)
to see if it works.
Unfortunately today I have no time today to experiment with it.

regards,
Diethard