[Qgis-community-team] italian resource broken?

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Apr 14 01:25:51 PDT 2014

On 04/14/2014 09:17 AM, matteo wrote:
> Sorry to insist guys, but I saw that the Website translations have
> been updated but the Documentation resources not.
>
> I just would like to know how often is the refresh of the
> documentation planned. So new translators can actually see their work
> (and translate harder) :)

First, a cry for help to all: Please help out the community-team to
update the docs for 2.4 so we can soon branch docs 2.4.

Hi Matteo.

according your original question (and as seen in the subject):
"Resource breakdown" I think is just that the project is broken into
parts (files). All projects/langauges have this string.

As for you question as how often the docs/site is rebuild:

Currently we have 3 build processes:
- docs 2.0 ('stable' docs)
- docs testing (testing docs)
- website, which includes(!) stable docs, but ONLY takes the github
translations, NOT the latest transifex ones

Starting the builds is done by hand, and takes several hours per process
(>6 currently). It also puts a burden on resources of the old server.

PLAN:

We will remove the including of the documentation from the website
build, so we have 3 really separated build processes which ALL during
their build update strings from tx (currently the docs IN the website
are not updated ruing the website build).

We will build on qgis2 and rsync with qgis server. Hopefully more automated.

My stand: while I agree that you want as a translator to see your stuff
as soon as possible, currently the process is a little too complicated ,
that translating some strings does not justify the FULL build of all
docs and languages and the time I have to invest in it every time.
Also I was hoping that experienced translators should invest some time
into building stuff theirselves, so they have immediate feedback.

But as soon as the PLAN is in place things should be more uptodate
anyway.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde