[Qgis-community-team] Training manual: base data

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Apr 14 06:10:52 PDT 2014

Il 14/04/2014 14:59, George Irwin ha scritto:

> Having said that, in my (very humble) opinion, a localised dataset for a
> training manual is a “nice-to-have” and that anyone who might want
> localised data is also likely to be a trainer (or at least someone who
> is very familiar with QGIS). It’s also likely that they would be putting
> together a training package for a group of people/students and would
> probably re-use their localised manual. With those very broad
> assumptions in mind, the not-so-straightforward process of localising
> the training manual becomes a bit less of a concern?

Thanks for the reply.
My case is: I have to run courses in many different locations, and I
think having local data, although not an absolute necessity, is a nice
feature. I do not need a fully automated process, but a straightforward
solution would be important, not having to fight with different issues
every time.
Can you suggest me the best approach to this?
Thanks.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu