[Qgis-community-team] QGIS UG

Ross McDonald ross at mixedbredie.net
Mon Jan 20 10:45:26 PST 2014

Hi Paolo

At the Scottish QHIS user group I intend providing a feedback form for comments on the actual meeting and venue but it would be very easy to include a form for QGIS feedback as well.  We could get users ideas on development, features, bugs, wish lists, community.

I saw a poster about QGIS 2 recently that Anita had put together and having some copies of that available at the meeting will be useful for the attendees to get some background.  From previous meetings it appears that people were information gathering at the meetings.  Followup meetings will see how things will change.  There is potential at followup meetings for dual running sessions where one stream could "show and tell" and one could be a hackfest/plugin dev session.  I now there has been talk of running QGIS hackfests in the South East  and West of the UK.

Give us some suggestions about how we can hook into QGIS and I'll raise them at the u/g.  I can point people at http://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/index.html if they haven't already seen it.

Cheers

Ross