[Qgis-community-team] was [Qgis-user] R: QGIS 2.4 Basic Tutorial

Michael Treglia mtreglia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 20:31:38 PDT 2014

Hi All,

Thanks Richard! I think it would be great to have the PDF and data
available for download for now in a relatively static state.

In the long-term, having a "training material" page on the website would
work well. It may be best to have such as page as clearinghouse for these
materials, so they can be there in perpetuity if folks wish, and we don't
have to worry about dead links and such. [though if folks are unwilling to
contribute, also have links to external materials too]

Keeping materials up-to-date is tougher.  A github-based solution seems
like it can work well [I'm new to that realm myself...], since it will
allow multiple people to update materials/add material, without sole
reliance on the primary author.  For example, if somebody needs material as
soon as a newer version comes out, it would be great to have that person
add to/update an existing document, if they want to use it, avoiding  lot
of duplicate work.

Those are my brief thoughts, though I'm curious to hear other opinions too
- I realize many of you have contributed a lot of work into this, and I
sincerely appreciate your efforts.

Best regards,
Mike