[Qgis-community-team] [Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Wiki Cleanup

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Sat May 3 23:43:57 PDT 2014

Hi Anita,

there is a very short description for GRASS. Wiki page contains much more
information and IMO we can reuse some text from it.

Regarding GPS. There is no information about connecting bluetooth devices in
manual. There is some info about live GPS tracking and downloading but this is
general info, without device specific instructions.

> Dear documentation team,
>
> In our effort to  clean up the wiki page, we found two topics which
> should be migrated to the documentation (if they aren't already
> included anyway):
>
> working with GPS units:
>    http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Connect_to_a_Bluetooth_GPS_for_live_tracking
>    http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Gps_units_download_data_and_live_tracking
>
> and adding GRASS tools:
>    http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Adding_New_Tools_to_the_GRASS_Toolbox
>
> Could you please let me know if this - or similar - information is
> already present in the documentation? The goal is to remove the wiki
> pages as soon as the information is migrated.
>
> Thanks and best wishes,
> Anita
>

> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>> Il 29/04/2014 19:55, Anita Graser ha scritto:
>>> Hi Paolo,
>>>
>>> I've added bug reporting info to our website.
>>> I'm currently not sure if anyone has made a move to include the GRASS
>>> and GPS unit information into the documentation.
>>> The OSM stuff hasn't been converted into a case study yet but I'm not
>>> sure how relevant this information is anymore. Personally, I don't find
>>> the styles very convincing.
>>>
>>> I'll ask on the community list if someone can take care of the GRASS and
>>> GPS info.
>>
>> fine, thanks
>>
>> --
>> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu