[Qgis-community-team] Website - Trusty Packages are available via ubuntugis

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 03:25:23 PDT 2014

Am 11.09.2014 um 12:21 schrieb Alexandre Neto:
> Hello all,
>
>  In
> http://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#via-ubuntugis,
> is said that "Current packages available for precise and saucy".
>
> According to Giovanni Manghi there are trusty packages as well. Should
> we update the site? I can do it. but probably there are people that
> can do it in 2 secs...

Hi,
I would avoid to write specific things anyway .. this is hard to find
and hard to change with every update..
What about speaking more generic with
"Current packages are available for most Ubuntu distributions, if yours
is not available yet just wait a while or ask on the mailing list"
Personally I always try to think about next release - and next.... and
we would always have to change that while we must change a lot of other
things that really need to be changed. (functional documentation)

just my 2c
regards
Werner