[Qgis-community-team] Certificate update QGIS servers

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Aug 10 01:30:19 PDT 2015

On 09-08-15 22:43, Alex Mandel wrote:

> Yes the VM could be migrated, but that doesn't really solve upgrading to
> supported Debian with active security patches. Though I suppose it would
> get around the grub issue that was preventing in place upgrade to begin
> with.
>
> In this case though so many things have changed since the original
> machine that a fresh install to remove all the old cruft is advised or a
> move to docker etc.
>
> The old server had at one time, Joomla, php, all sorts of other sites
> and now is down to just hub (Redmine) and plugins (django) [Does it have
> any of the sphinx generated docs?].
>
> If you'd rather just move it as is, we can attempt that.

Hi Alex,

plugins.qgis.org is ran in a django docker on qgis2 on hetzner

currently osgeo/qgis runs:
- downloads
- static docs.qgis.org + qgis.org websites
- redmine/ruby in mysql(?) wiki + issues

at least the static websites are easy to be hosted on hetzner for some
time (we did that during disk change too)...

IF we have somebody who is able to do a clean Redmine install and move
issues+wiki to a new VM that would have my preference.
But if there is nobody able to do this: let's just move the VM as is...

Regards,

Richard