[Qgis-community-team] Developing Python Plugins Documentat​ion confusion

subcientifico michael.guzy at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 15 08:20:58 PST 2015

I am having a lot of trouble setting up PTVS for QGIS.
I am trying to make an app not a plugin.
This simple code is what want.  Please any help is appreciated.
/
from qgis.core import *
from os import *

# supply path to where is your qgis installed
QgsApplication.setPrefixPath("F:\QGIS_Lyon\apps\qgis", True)

# load providers
QgsApplication.initQgis()
/

I get a fatal error *python.exe has stopped working*
I start visual studio in this environment:

/call "%~dp0\o4w_env.bat"
path %OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\qgis\bin;%PATH%
"F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe"
/

PTVS is set up like this

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5241431/ptvs_qgis_env.png>

andrei wrote