[Qgis-community-team] About documentation : line size

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 01:08:50 PST 2015

Hi,
It would be worth stating this somewhere in the Documentation guidelines.
Not all people willing to help in the documentation are coders.

More generally, there's an ongoing work to put more _developer's_
documentation in QGIS-Website (
http://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/qgisdevelopersguide.html).
I think we should use this to also add/mix information about how being a
good contributer in documentation and website sides (since you need to know
git, rst... and rules: where should I report the issues? Even where are the
repo is not really evident when you are beginner...). Most of the
informations about reporting issues in the website is about QGIS
application.
At the other hand, there's already a Documentation Guidelines (
http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/index.html -
only used for documentation and not for the website afaics) that doesn't
really cover the above aspects but help about rules in Documenting.
Should it be removed and its content mixed in QGIS-website? A rst guru to
write the guidelines about using ReStructuredText?
I think it's a good step to have all these resources at a single place.
Any comments?