[Qgis-community-team] Doc writing: simpler writing and styling

Michael Kirk michael.john.kirk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 09:07:29 PST 2015

Thank you for putting together this proposal Richard.

I think you have proposed some good ways to lower the bar on documentation contributions.

To *really* see what your changes look like you need too build the docs. Doing this via the docker scripts isn’t too bad, but being familiar with docker is definitely too high a bar for encouraging casual doc contributions.

So, in lieu of that, taking maximal advantage of GitHub’s rendering of .rst is a great option.

By preferring more vanilla rst directives over our custom rst directives we can have our docs looking better in Github, and give contributors a better idea of what their built docs will look like.

And obviously getting images to render is a big win.

I’m not familiar with how we translate docs. Will this affect our translations in any way?

Thu Dec 24 13:55:58 UTC 2015 Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net :