[Qgis-community-team] website and sidebars

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Feb 4 01:55:02 PST 2015

Hi Richard,

I agree - a sidebar would improve usability of the website. I still have
a hard time finding stuff on our new website.

So +1 from my side.

The other issue I sometimes have about the website, is that the main
content section is so narrow. There is so much wasted white space left
and right of the content if my browser window is maximized. But I would
assume that the newly introduced sidebar would occupy some of this
wasted white-space?

Ideally we could have a more flexible layout - after all HTML content
can freely flow and occupy different column widths. Currently, our
layout can shrink (which is good for phones), column widths cannot grow,
it seems. Esp. the QGIS manual could benefit from a wider column width
(e.g. when containing bits of code which looks ugly in too narrow column
widths).

Just my two cents,
Andreas