[Qgis-community-team] Documentation guidelines

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Wed Feb 25 04:09:09 PST 2015

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 12:58:18 Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> I noticed there are two places where guidelines are listed:
>
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/tree/master/source/docs/documenta
> tion_guidelines
>
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/docs/user_manu
> al/preamble/conventions.rst
>
> Wouldn't it be better to unify them?
> All the best.
Paolo,

For me both are a little bit different. conventions is read by the user to
understand the text (so it should be in the documentation),
documentation_guidelins aims to be read by documentors, ie which tags should
be used for writing the documentation (so it should be located in the source,
not in the final documentation).

Y.