[Qgis-community-team] processing help files doubt

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sat Jan 24 02:41:54 PST 2015

On 24-01-15 11:31, Matteo Ghetta wrote:
> Hi Alex,
> I missed the thread, so sorry for that.. :-)
> Maybe in future web can include the possibility to have just the local
> documentation with the software installation..
>
> Just an idea..

Martin Dobias is busy creating the possibility to move the context help
txts in source to url's into documentation.

The idea is to give the user either the possibility to point to the
online docs, OR to a downloaded zip containing one language docs.

See this email:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-community-team/2015-January/004012.html

The crux here is that every context help button has a 'deep link' into
documentation, so all (help) texts are part of the documentation.
I think this model should also work for (at least the core) processing
help files, though it still should be possible to use it to point to a
url/uri in the model/algo itself.

Let's keep the documentation/help files in one place and translatable :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde