[Qgis-community-team] Bug in Transifex user-administration?

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Thu Jul 23 08:20:46 PDT 2015

Hi Support,

we are a big OpenSource Project using Transifex for both translating our
Desktop application and our documentation and website:

https://www.transifex.com/organization/qgis/dashboard/QGIS

We have separate teams for translating the desktop App and the web apps.
We have different language coordinators for those.

But recently a (well willing?) coordinator of language X was able to
approve ALL users for ALL languages for ALL languages ?!?
As said: he/she was probably doing his/her best, to answer those
applying translators, but we want THE language coordinator to be
responsible as sometimes we do not want new languages for a language for
a project anymore (because it is 100% translated and already enough
experienced translators etc etc).

To us it looks like a bug if coordinator X of a project Y in language Z
can accept users for other languages and projects...

So: question: are we right that this is a bug?

If so: please let us know if you want me to issue a more detailed bug
report?

If not: please let us know how we should structure our
groups/coordinators in a way that only the X-language coordinator can
accept translator for X etc etc.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde