[Qgis-community-team] Proposal to divide some pages in QGIS documentation

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Sat Jun 6 01:47:18 PDT 2015

Hello,

A big +1 for this. This is something we need to do some time. I remember did
it for the vector chapter last year.

I started to read and comment your PR. I need to build it before give more
comment but the PR seems ok for me except one small thing.

Rst engine will always start with a H1 header with the first symbol line found
in the rst file.

So each time you use ------------------ for instance, it will become a H1
header [1]. Same for [2] with  ==== line.

There is two small issues with this:
1. it is less readable for the same level of header, if sometime you use
"----" and another time "==="
2. if later you need to add another (sub)-sectionin [1], you should find
another symbol, so it will be probably one of ***, ====, +++ and they will
look a greater level (only to me?).

We should keep rst file human readable.

I will build your PR tomorrow if no one merge your PR before :)

Y.
[1] composer_items/composer_scale_bar.rst
[2] print_composer/first_steps.rst with

--
Yves Jacolin