[Qgis-community-team] 'translate' deep links sometimes successfull, sometimes failing

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sun Jun 21 23:56:11 PDT 2015

Hi,

our project site and docs are translated using transifex: http://qgis.org

To make it easier for translators to locate the resource to translate,
we thought to add a 'deep link' to the translatable resource in Transifex.

But different pages, and subdomains are sometimes working and sometimes not:

WORKING:
http://qgis.org/da/site/forusers/support.html
in the footer is a link to:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/qgis-website/translate/#da/site_forusers_support
which for me (when I'm logged in) is redirected to:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/qgis-website/translate/#da/site_forusers_support/17318283
the right resource!

NOT WORKING:
http://qgis.org/da/site/forusers/commercial_support.html
has a link:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/qgis-website/translate/#da/site_forusers_commercial_support
which redirects to
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/qgis-website/translate/#da/$/17318208
ending on a page with a 'loading' image, nog showing any resource
while searching for it in the (danish) resources, you wil end up here:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/qgis-website/translate/#da/site_forusers_commercial-support/17318305

Another example:
http://docs.qgis.org/2.8/de/docs/user_manual/plugins/plugins_road_graph.html
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/qgis-documentation/translate/#de/docs_user_manual_plugins_plugins_road_graph
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/qgis-documentation/translate/#de/$

I've build this a couple of months ago, and to my knowledge it was
working. At least for rst files, not the index files, which all are in
the 'sphinx' resource...

Anyway: my question:

    is deeplinking allowed, and should this work?
    if so: any idea why it is sometimes working and sometimes not
    or is there another alternative to be helpfull to translators to
find the right resource if they want to fix something

Help is much appreciated,

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

PS: in transifex I was redirected to a github issue tracker, and I even
created an issue in it:
https://github.com/transifex/transifex/issues/342
But apparently this project/issuetracker is not used anymore? Maybe
better to remove links to it in current transifex.com?