[Qgis-community-team] New screenshots

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 02:56:51 PDT 2015

Some users manual versions ago (2.2 I think), it was considered that it
would be nice to have all screenshots using the same OS, because by that
time there were way to many different OS, zoom levels, etc..., And the
document just looked ugly and poorly formated.

By that time, I have volunteered myself and created/updated most
screenshots using ubuntu, also worked around some setting to stabilize the
images resolution to look good both on the site and in PDF (the reason
behind the 135 dpi recommendation). I have also maintained most of the
screenshots in the 2.6 and 2.8 version. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do
it for 2.10, an probably wont have time to do it for 2.12 either.

Anyway, I believe that the guidelines are not all mandatory, and like
Richard said, better to have a screenshot with a different OS that not have
a screenshot at all. So I would recomend that people just create the
screenshots following as many guideline as they can. Later, if someone have
time for it, it can be updated for the "default" OS, resolution, etc...

Alexandre Neto

Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> escreveu no dia sex, 23/10/2015 às
09:22: