[Qgis-community-team] Doc writing: simpler writing and styling

Otto Dassau otto at qgis.org
Sun Jan 17 11:43:59 PST 2016

Hi Yves,

Am Sun, 17 Jan 2016 19:59:57 +0100
schrieb Yves Jacolin <yjacolin at free.fr>:

> Otto,
>
> Le samedi 16 janvier 2016, 20:54:50 Otto Dassau a écrit :
> > a) Go through the "User Manual" issues and add missing issues that need
> > to be documented for 2.14. from changelog.
> >   https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22User+Manual%22
> I can confirm that I did all needed for 2.10 and 2.12 release (if anyone
> need confirmation).
> > b) Create a list which issues should go to which chapter and make a
> >    proposal which could be done by whom.
>
> May be using labels in github will help?
>
> I will try to do my best to help to update documentation.
>
> We have 3 releases to documente. 2.10 is close to be finished (only 6
> issues).

Thanks a lot for the work you hava already done and yes, quite some work to
do for 3 releases. I just added a list of all [FEATURES] to the wiki for 2.10
- 2.14:

http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/ManualTasks#Updates-210-214-User-Guide

Next step would be to go through the wiki list and compare it with the "User
Manual" issues in github. We could add all missing [FEATURES] (mostly 2.14
I guess) there and define labels. And we could add a done to the wiki list,
if a feature is already added to github. So finally we would work on the
issues in github. I guess that would be the best procedure...

If you find some time to help, it is welcome...