[Qgis-community-team] New QGIS Documentation Subscriber

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Jun 8 01:21:42 PDT 2016

On 07-06-16 07:59, Angie Garcia wrote:
> Richard,
>
> GitHub Assignee is amg832.
>
> I made a small change to preamble.rst (Added the name Quantum Geographic Information System (QGIS) and added on the QGIS website at.  In addition, made a link suggestion for GNU via the commit.
>
> Reviewing and making text changes is fine.

Hi Angie,

I had a look at your fixes and added some comments.
You did these changes on the master branch.
I think it is best to throw away this clone of the QGIS-Documentation
(as it has some non used work from you).

1) create a fresh clone
2) pick an issue or file you want to fix (even one word)
3) create a branch for it (in your repo)
4) do the fix in that branch in your repo
5) do a pull request (PR) to the QGIS-repo
6) that will trigger a travis build
https://travis-ci.org/qgis/QGIS-Documentation
7) others can review you pull request (PR)

Doing this little steps will make you learn the proces easier I think.

You can off course also have a look at pull requests (NOT having QGIS
2.16 tag, as that is for next version) from others:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pulls

or pick one of the 'easy' open issues for 2.14 (Thanks Yves!!):

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+milestone%3A%22QGIS+2.14%22+label%3AEasy

Regards,

Richard