[Qgis-community-team] New translations for website

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Mar 5 07:00:07 PST 2016

Hi Translators/Community,

With the release of 2.14 and the beautiful visual changelog [0] created
by Tim et al, you off course want to show off all those nice new QGIS
stuff to the people in your country in your own language :-)

So we updated the translation strings of the website on transifex, so
you can translate that page [1] and a lot of other new texts in the website!

Please translators, take extra care for links and references in the text
(the stuff like
`blabla <http://foo.bar>`_
and
:ref:`thisref`
there MUST be space after.
Another problem I fixed a lot is the 'strong text' starts: if you use
double ** or single * be sure you use them twice, AND no spaces so NOT:
 * important * or *important *
but
 *important* (keep them close to the text :-) )

If a translations breaks the build (do not worry, it is only breaking
for your language), you can see it in the footer (near: "Last updated on
.." ) of the frontpage because there should be a fresh build every
morning. If it is not rebuild, it means a translation broke the language
build. Please let us know or fix it yourself by building the website
locally (and pulling the translations from transifex)..

Happy translating!

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

[0] http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog214/index.html