[Qgis-community-team] [Qgis-psc] Websites moved + https

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Sun Dec 3 12:35:39 PST 2017

Hi Richard,

You are right, the installer can't handle it. Whenever the server returns the
301 page, the installer assumes it's a corrupted zip file. I'll try to fix it
soon, maybe within next few days, but I can't promise.

Anyway, the installer connects to the repository via https for a long time, so
the only reason for the redirection is the plugin download urls are hardcoded
as simple http:// Alessandro, shouldn't they follow the same protocol? Fixing
it will solve the problem as well.

Btw. please note QGIS caches the repositories, so after changing the download
urls, we still need to clear the cache in the Options dialog -> Network ->
Cache settings (I'm not sure what's the cached data lifetime?).

Best regards,

Borys