[Qgis-community-team] 2.18 & Python3 for website

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Jul 21 04:04:45 PDT 2017

On 19-07-17 11:45, Alexandre Neto wrote:

> I am not a docker person, but I can try fiddle with the new docker and
> see if it is usable for documentation.

Well, for me the docker image just works :-)
Just ask me if you have troubles (unless on Windows, then I'm on holiday
;-) )

> A question for Richard, is bootstrap also going to be updated? I know
> nothing about that, but when I was looking for a way of making the
> documentation images pop out when clicked, I read it would be possible
> with the newest versions of bootstrap. But I still don't know if I could
> pull it of.

Well, bootstrap is not easily updated, because then we have to update
all styling/templates too. The bootstrap api totally changed, (actually
shortly) after the version we use.

I still want to redo the styling a little to stay more close to vanilla
sphinx templates. But just have to do it...

> Anyway, I think just like QGIS 3.0 itself, this is the perfect timing
> for doing any changes that we were wishing to do.

Agreed.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde