[Qgis-community-team] 2.18 LTR Documentation

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 11:36:14 PDT 2017

 Hi,

A month later, could be nice to revive this thread and discuss ideas to
improve QGIS Docs...
Some of the top topics imho could be :
- release of 2.18 docs:  If I'm not wrong, the May release was supposed to
be the new LTR then I guess, given issues that occurred, the LTR release
will be June's. Are we ready? Status of remaining issues/PR?
- QGIS3 and link to online documentation (aka the new help system): how
could we ensure the best experience to the users? Collaboration with dev
team?
- Strategy to have the documentation budget always used each year, because
QGIS documentation has needs and projects (right?).

I've listed some items that I have in mind and somehow appear to me like
issues or questions to answer. They are referenced in a wiki page of my
repository (https://github.com/DelazJ/QGIS-Documentation/wiki/On-the-ro
ad-to-QGIS3 - a kind of quick cheat sheet). If valuable, we can use it as a
basis and improve/clean it and produce a more structured and shared doc,
maybe in the QGIS Doc wiki (I don't really know what is its current status
- could we put things on it?).
The main idea would be to come up with plans, strategy or call it the way
you want we could submit to PSC and dev list (our priorities, what we do
need help for?...). Another option could be to discuss directly the points
in (one of?) those lists but I'm afraid, we miss the prioritization step :(

regards,
Harrissou